Tuesday, August 23, 2011

An Interview with Stars RP Rob Wooten

Here is my interview with Rob Wooten. He is a RP for the Huntsville Stars, the Brewers AA affiliate. SB is Sam Bornstein, and RW is Rob Wooten.


Rob Wooten pitching for the Huntsville Stars


SB: Has it always your dream to play in MLB?

RW: Ever since I started playing the game I knew I wanted to play in the big leagues. Been a life long dream.

SB: What was it like being drafted by the Brewers in 2008?

RW: It was a very special day for me and my family.

SB: What was the transition like from college ball to rookie ball?

RW: It was a bit of a shock. Got treated very well and played in nice ball parks at UNC. A little bit different when I arrived in Helena Montana but it was a good experience.

SB: What adjustments have you made with each step up in the organization?

RW: Just work as hard as I can to get better every singe day. I prepare now as if I was a big league pitcher.

SB: Guys are always getting called up, sent down, traded, released, etc. Does that make it tough to be close with your teammates, or not so much?

RW: It is a business and we all understand that but we still build relationships. At the end of the day Professional baseball is one big family.

SB: When you underwent Tommy John surgery in 2010, what were your thoughts about your career?

RW: I knew it was going to be tough but I had great support from my family to continue my dream. I knew I had to work harder then ever and I did.

SB: How did you recover from the surgery?

RW: I have had a healthy 2011 season and have been pitching with success. So I am pleased with this year and I know I will be even stronger and better next season.

SB: What pitches do you throw, and which is your favorite?

RW: 2 seam fastball, cutter, slider and split finger. I work off my cutter.

SB: Do you find it harder to pitch against right –handed batters, or left-handed batters?

RW: Naturally it's easier for me to get a right handed batter out but i take pride in getting lefties out as well.

SB: What is the best advice you've been given along the way?

RW: Work hard and have fun.


1 comment: