Friday, August 26, 2011

Eric Farris Interview


Just another interview with a Brewers player. Eric Farris is a 2B for the Nashville Sounds, the Brewers AAA system. SB stands for Sam Bornstein (me), and EF stands for Eric Farris.


Eric Farris (above) follows through on a swing with the Nashville Sounds


SB: Was being a baseball player always your dream or did it come later in your childhood?

EF: Being a baseball player has always been my dream since I could remember..

SB: What was it like being drafted by the Brewers in 2007?

EF: The 2007 draft was a very exciting experience...I felt as if my hard work had paid off and I was one step closer to my dream!

SB: Was the transition like from college ball to rookie ball?

EF: The most noticeable difference was the schedule. Playing with very few off days was a difficult transition on the body.

SB: What was the experience like playing with the Milwaukee Brewers earlier this year?

EF: Playing with the Brewers earlier this season was the most exciting baseball experience I've had to date...A wild 48 hours I'd say!

SB: What was it like to be a part of the triple play turned a few days ago?

EF: The triple play is something that happens so little that no matter how its turned is exciting. Im happy I was a part of such an exciting play.

SB: What big adjustments have you made with each step up in the organization?

EF: Every skill must be maintained and improved upon. My all around game and the way I prepare has to be adjusted from season to season.

SB: Are there any players you've moved up the organizational ladder with?

EF: Players such as Zelous Wheeler and Caleb Gindl have been on the majority of the teams I've played on in the organization.

SB: Guys are always getting called up, sent down, traded, released, etc. Does that make it tough to be close with your teammates, or not so much?

EF: Transaction are part of the game and we see them so often that it's rarely super surprising. But it doesn't make it difficult. I try to be close with teammates whether I've played with them for 4 years or 4 weeks.

SB: What baseball activities do you do in the offseason?

EF: I like to golf, travel, and cook...Family time and staying in shape also occupy a lot of my offseason time as well.

SB: What is the best advice you've been given along the way?

EF: There's 30 big league teams and they're all watching!

2 comments: